Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Sign of Prices to Come?


A new Phase released in Stouffville by Mattamy. I found this of interest because I wanted to get a sense of the pricing they might be offering to us in Pickering. I'm hoping that the prices in Pickering won't be overinflated (yeah right) and I have a spending limit in mind that hopefully tops out no more than $350k. Ideally, a nice 43' lot will go for around $300 mark (again wishful thinking)...that'll leave me a bit more room for upgrade costs, move-in fees, lot premium, etc. I don't know if its wishful thinking on my part but I'm hoping that recent changes in the market and Pickering's low-profile in the housing market works in my (and your) favour.

Oh, and I didn't just go ahead and move to Stouffville because its too far and inaccessible to the places I have to be (ie. work, play, family, friends, major 400 highways, etc.)


Anyways, towns, 30', 36', 45' and 50' lots released Jan 26th in adjacent areas of Stouffville.

From mattamyhomes.com website:


Wheler's Mill was one of two mills in the area that grew to be Stouffville, one of Ontario's most charming towns. You will discover a tremendous variety of WideLot" homes in Wheler's Mill. With about 40 different designs and floor plan variations available, our Stouffville Community is all about giving you the choice.

and pricing starts as follows...

WideLot™ Towns
From $252,990
Click for Details

30' WideLot™
From $299,990
Click for Details

36' WideLot™
From $319,990
Click for Details

45' WideLot™
From $379,990
Click for Details

50' WideLot™
From $448,990
Click for Details

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe Seaton will have up to 42' WideLots. If prices can remain relatively the same as Stouffville (wishful thinking) that should be ok. I was hoping to get a decent sized house for about $350 k

The key right now is to save up as much as you can so your mortgage isn't ridiculous!

Alan said...

yeah $350k or less is what I want to max out at too...lets hope it can happen!